I’m a bit of a purist when it comes to generational theory, and I ping to very specific sources for my information. As I’m often asked for some good books to read on the subject of generational theory, let me outline my suggestions here:
- The big heavy academic book: Generations: The History of America’s Future, 1584 to 2069;
- The easiest read: Millennials Rising: The Next Great Generation;
- The most current, pressing and predictive book: The Fourth Turning, An American Prophecy;
- If you’re in marketing: Millennials and the Pop Culture and
- If you’re looking through the eyes of the workplace and dynamics there (also a really easy read): Millennials in the Workplace.
A good Start Here site for generational theory is Dave Sohigian’s The GenX Files blog.